the Undesirables Art Installation by Laurie McKenna
1. A time based event with a start and end time. endurance: 1 hour This includes video projection and spoken word.
2. A video/audio loop is created that can run in the space Ideally on a large flatscreen.
3. No video or audio in the space.
4. A talk in the space about the deportation and why I made what I made.
1. Penny Rubbings 16 cardboard 36” x 40” panels rubbings mounted with map tacks
2. 12 unframed pieces 36” x 40” cardboard panels (media cardboard, paper charcoal india ink, map tacks)
Hanging requirements - Concrete walls would be problematic. drywall ideal for driving 4 nails for each piece.
1.Penny rubbings placed 2 panels high with 2 inches between each panel
Length 48’ feet wall space
Wall space required above and below all the panels.
4 pamphlets about the deportation
Pressed pennies 4 designs
POSSIBLE ART ACTION
rub a penny a ritual action
participants do their own rubbings
Rather than commemoration rubbings -- I think they are pledges.
pledge to demand
pledge to resist